Do you like film, have a thing for festivals, or Japanese culture? Are you looking to gain work experience or extend your network? Or just for an extraordinary weekend at one of the most beautiful spots in Rotterdam? Then join our team as a volunteer for CAMERA JAPAN from 21-24 September at LantarenVenster in Rotterdam!
We are looking for enthusiastic people to help us before, during and after the festival for the following positions (preferences taken into consideration, but not guaranteed) and a minimum of two shifts. Knowledge of Dutch is not required (though can be handy).
We are looking for:
- Screening Attendants: checking film tickets, handing out voting cards.
- Merchandise: selling t-shirts, dvd’s & posters at the Camera Japan booth.
- Kids’ Day: helping out at the Kids’ Day on Sunday with arts & crafts, workshops, and games.
- Festival Build-up, Decoration & Creative staff: Helping out a week before the festival with making decorations, Camera Japanifying the lobby of LantarenVenster before the festival, and/or returning LantarenVenster back to normal on the day after the festival.
- Volunteer Room staff: managing and maintaining the atmosphere and the room where all volunteers hang out in-between shifts.
- Back-up staff: jumping in to help out other volunteers or team members if necessary, includes helping out at various volunteer positions.
- Runners: transporting festival guests (including Japanese film directors and international guests), as well as transporting festival items to and from the venue.
- Hosts: taking care of (Japanese) festival guests, including welcoming at venue and accompanying to hotels, stations, and screenings. Requires knowledge of Japanese language.
- Enquête: engaging festival visitors in conversation and handing out questionnaires to see what they think of our festival.
- Izakaya: helping with preparation of Japanese food in the afternoon, or selling the food from the restaurant from 21.30 on Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday.
- Film Brunch: preparing and serving brunch on Sunday morning to festival visitors coming in for the film brunch.
- Flyer and poster distribution: sharing out flyers and hanging posters at different locations and events before and during the festival.
Interested or want more information? Then please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.