Do you like film, have a thing for festivals, or Japanese culture? Are you looking to gain work experience or extend your network? Or just for an extraordinary weekend at one of the most beautiful spots in Rotterdam? Then join our team as a volunteer for CAMERA JAPAN from 27-30 September at LantarenVenster in Rotterdam!
We are looking for enthusiastic people to cover a minimum of two shifts in the following positions before, during and after the festival. Preferences taken into consideration, but not guaranteed. Knowledge of Dutch is not required (though can be handy).
We are looking for:
- Screening Attendants: Check film tickets, hand out voting cards.
- Merchandise: Sell t-shirts, DVDs & posters at the Camera Japan booth.
- Kids’ Day: Help out at the Kids’ Day on Sunday with arts & crafts, workshops, and games.
- Festival Build-up, Decoration & Creative staff: Help out a week before the festival with making decorations, Camera Japanifying the lobby of LantarenVenster before the festival, and/or returning LantarenVenster back to normal on the day after the festival.
- Volunteer Room staff: Manage and maintain the atmosphere and the room where all volunteers hang out between shifts.
- Back-up staff: Be ready to help other volunteers or team members if necessary by covering various volunteer positions.
- Runners: Transport festival guests (including Japanese film directors and international guests), as well as festival items to and from the venue.
- Hosts: Take care of (Japanese) festival guests. Welcome them at the venue and accompany them to hotels, stations, and screenings. Requires knowledge of Japanese language.
- Questionnaires: Engage festival visitors in conversation and hand out questionnaires to see what they think of our festival.
- Izakaya: Prepare Japanese food in the afternoon, or sell the food from the restaurant from 21.30 on Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday.
- Film Brunch: Prepare and serve brunch on Sunday morning to festival visitors with tickets for the Film Brunch.
- Flyer and poster distribution: Distribute flyers and hang posters at different locations and events before and during the festival.
Interested or want more information? Then please send a message to email@example.com.